Thursday, November 11, 2010

Homemade Pizza

My roommate and I have quite opposing schedules nowadays, so to celebrate a Wednesday night that we both had free, we made homemade pizza together.



We used the simple, quick, homemade pizza crust recipe from this blog, Yes I Want Cake.



Homemade Pizza Crust 
(makes 2 personal pizzas)
-1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup lukewarm water
-1 tablespoon yeast
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons vegetable oil


For my pizza toppings, I used red onion, mushrooms, and basil, and my roomie used red onion and turkey pepperoni.

So first, combine the yeast and warm water til the yeast is dissolved, then add the vegetable oil and salt.  Mix.  Then add the flour.  Mix.  Now you have an awesome dough which you can attempt to spread out into a crust.  I was not so good at this, hence my oddly shaped crust in the upcoming photos.

Put the crust in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 mins.  Take it out, and add your toppings.


Olive oil
(That would be Chelsea's nicely shaped rectangular crust)


Pizza sauce & Four Cheese Italian Blend


Turkey pepperoni


Red onion, basil, mushrooms dabbed with olive oil

Put it back in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.


Take it out of the oven and serve!  Here you can see my uniquely shaped pizza.




Enjoy!  And feel impressed with yourself that you just made an entire pizza from scratch.

1 comment:

  1. The raw mushroom shots are FABULOUS! Nice work!
    I just made pizza & would like to give a boomerang result photo of what your blog ignited in the kitchen but if thats not possible, just know it happened, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete