Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Banana Blueberry Pancakes

On Sunday morning, my roommate and I celebrated the weekend with a delicious batch of blueberry banana pancakes!


It's an easy batter to whip right up, and the outcome is way delicious.


Blueberry Banana Pancakes
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk)
-1/2 cup water
-1 banana, smashed
-a bunch of frozen blueberries

(The batter yielded 7 pancakes for us.)


First mash the banana in the mixing bowl, then add the other ingredients, adjusting the liquid as needed.


Check out the inside of this pancake:


I made sure to be generous with the blueberries as you can see. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All these years I have been adding slices of banana which often burn in the pan because they are not completely covered with the batter. I will now start mashing the banana! Thank you Julia for teaching your mom a better way. Fresh blueberries in season are wonderful also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I must try this.

    ReplyDelete