Monday, August 30, 2010

Energy Bars

I was inspired (by another blog) to make these energy bars.

First, I chopped raw almonds.


Next, I put these roughly chopped almonds in a bowl with unsweetened coconut flakes and dried cherries.


I added 1/2 cup of honey and a couple tablespoons of wheat germ. Mixed it all togeth.


I spread it all into a glass pan to go into the oven. It spread out really thin, but it turned out just fine.


This went into the oven at 350 degrees and baked for about 20 minutes. The final product:


Raw almond energy bars with dried cherries and toasty coconut flakes.



And a recent drink I've been enjoying: The Green Monster.


A lot of ingredients went into this smoothie. Frozen banana, frozen pineapple, greek yogurt, fresh spinach, hemp seed, flaxseed oil, and mango juice. Don't worry - you can't taste the spinach; it gets masked by the fruit, resulting in a delicious tasting smoothie. MmmMMmm tastes healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment