Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pumpkin



Autumn has struck me. My favorite season. Bring on the jack-o-lanterns, the changing leaves, the Halloween, and all things pumpkin.

Pumpkin has tons of health benefits seeing as it is packed with vitamins, potassium, fiber, magnesium, carotenoids, and zinc. So it's great for your glowing skin, your immune system, your digestion, your blood pressure... the list goes on.

SOOoo I have been on a quest to find a great *pumpkin oats* recipe. And I've taken note of many. And today I got THIS:



...for my pumpkin oats. I can't wait to use it.

Looks like I will be using oats, milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, maybe vanilla, maybe caramelized banana? Maybe raisins. Maybe peanut butter. Maybe almond butter. We'll soon see.

On another note, the photo at the top of this post was taken by my sister Laura in 2008. Those are her feet and that was her pumpkin. It's my favorite Fall photo and is currently the wallpaper on the front screen of my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment