Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cinnamon Pear Balsamic

This salad is simple, delicious, and would be even better if it had cinnamon roasted chickpeas on it.


What it does include, however, is fresh baby spinach, goat cheese, dried cherries, and the divine cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar I bought at The Filling Station on my NYC trip in December.


Check out some of their other varieties of infused vinegars, olive oils, and sea salts here: The Filling Station NYC.


On an exercise note, I have a new found love for Pilates.  That, and doing my friend Sarah's Turbofire workouts with her in the living room, all couches and coffee tables pushed aside.

source

It's fun and really intense, and I've noticed a definite increase in my daily energy.  And nightly energy for that matter.  See Sarah's blog here!

Glad to see the days are getting longer and it's no longer dark at 4:45pm!  Who's ready for summer?!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I've got to try pilates, I bet that turbo girl is powered up from amazingly healthy fun meals, and if she's lucky, they're ones straight from your blog!
    P.S. If you get a chance, check out the salads in the February issues of Bon Appetite! They're simple and beautiful like the one above. Their 3 tips: start simple and add 1) something salty 2) a hit of crunch and 3) finish sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for turbofire!! thanks for the shout out my love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that salad would be good with chickpeas!! And I'm loving the longer days too :)

    ReplyDelete