Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hot soup, cinnamon rolls, and pizza!

For Christmas, my dad gave me a new Moosewood Cookbook, which I love!  A few nights ago, I made my first recipe from the it - the Italian Chickpea Stew.


I used sweet potatoes instead of butternut squash, since I had some on hand.  It also called for onion, garlic, carrots, diced tomatoes, chickpeas, kale, coriander, basil, and red wine vinegar.


It was my first time making soup, or stew rather, but it turned out great!  And it's filling like you wouldn't believe.

Over the weekend, there was talk of snow in Wilmington.  No one really believed it.  But low and behold, we awoke Monday morning to huge white snowflakes and everything in in town closed.   So school was canceled, work was canceled, and my roommates made cinnamon rolls.


Later, we rented Inception from Redbox and had a snow-day movie-watching game-playing party all day and night.

And last night, I made a pizza using Katie's 15-minute pizza crust, topped with roasted eggplant and green bell peppers.


Delicious!  So awesome to make up such a killer pizza from scratch in such a short amount of time.

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!! Can you use whole wheat flour with the pizza crust? -Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it with whole wheat flour, but I'm sure it would turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might try that out! :)-S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that pizza in my life right now! Yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete