Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happiness

My morning began bright and early with a spin class at the gym with a friend.  The instructor incorporated some Christmas music into her playlist today, and I think the class was feeling it because I definitely heard Old Man Charlie next to me on the bike belting out the final notes of "Baby It's Cold Outside".

I came home for a shower and a delicious post-workout bowl of pumpkin custard oats, and then I was off to my last Anatomy & Physiology class of the semester.  Final grade?  A!  I was beaming with happiness.  Class was released early, so my friend Rebecca and I strolled through a couple shops downtown.

In a little natural foods shop, I was greeted by the friendliest little dog, and my happiness was elevated even more!


A 9-month old pup named Herbie.  He seemed to like my affection, which was a slight change from what I'm used to from Darla.


Don't get me wrong - Darla and I love each other, but she likes to limit the amount of affection she receives from me and sometimes prefers to just plop herself in between the biggest mound of pillows in the house.

My day continued with a scrumptious lunch with friends.  I made a killer salad from the salad bar.


Fresh greens, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, baby corn, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese, and dressing!  All chopped up and mixed together.  Delicious.

Dinner was another round of brown rice and veggies with tofu.


I like tofu at restaurants, but not so much when I make it myself.  This was a no-go.  The tofu was too soft (although it was the "extra firm" kind) and something funky was going on with the frozen vegetable blend.  So that was set aside and I turned to a glistening plate of juicy, honey crisp apple chunks sprinkled with sea salt and cinnamon.


Perfection.

Tomorrow is my final exam, and Saturday I'll be on my way to New York!! 

Now, I'm off to study Medical Terminology!

No comments:

Post a Comment