Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cinnamon Glazed Roasted Garbanzo Beans


For lunch today, I enjoyed my leftovers from last night's quinoa crusted pizza in a different way. I topped the garlic & herb quinoa with pizza sauce, sauteed zucchini, and nooch.




Delicious, but not that filling.

Later, I used my soaked raw almonds to make a fluffy nut butter in the food processor, in which I dipped slices of granny smith apples:



And for dinner, a masterpiece. So simple though. Read on.

You need a can of garbanzo beans plus these ingredients:



Rinse the garbanzo beans with water, pat dry, then combine with...

2 Tbsp agave, or maple syrup, or even honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp canola oil... which I didn't have, so I used olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

Stir it all together, evenly coating the chickpeas...



Then I baked them in the toaster oven on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 25 mins. That made them... really warm. I wanted them crispy. So I switched from "bake" to "toast" and cranked it up to 450 degrees for an additional 15 minutes.



That did the trick! I combined my cinnamony, crispy chickpeas with a steamy vegetable medley of carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, and carrots, seasoned with salt & pepper.




So simple, so healthy, and so tasty! I definitely recommend this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. YUUUUMMM!!! i am making those cinnamon chickpeas as soon as i get a can from the grocery store! also... love almond butter and nuts here are dirt cheap... soaking the almonds does that give a better consistency to the almond butter?? keep up the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle!! Soaking the almonds doesn't necessarily give the nut butter a better consistency, just a fluffier one!

    ReplyDelete