Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Banana Bread



A few days ago, after a Pumpkin Smoothie gone wrong (accidentally poured way too much pumpkin pie spice in there), I decided that I wanted to make Pumpkin Banana Bread.

I searched the web for recipes, bookmarked a couple that looked ok. Went to bed.

But then, the very next morning, my favorite blogger had posted a recipe on her blog for none other than... Pumpkin Banana Bread. It was too good to be true!

The recipe, straight from from Hungry Hungry Hippie:
Pumpkin banana bread (vegan)
Ingredients:
  • 2 overly-ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (I used Tropical Traditions Gold Label)
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used 3 drops NuNatural’s liquid vanilla stevia)
  • chia seed “egg” (1 tbsp chia seeds + 1/8 cup water)
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup NuNatural’s stevia baking blend
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt


Some of my ingredients (stevia baking blend, salt, and chia seeds didn't make it into the photo for some reason):


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mash banana and then add other wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla, chia seed “egg”). Mix together. Then add in dry ingredients (flour, stevia blend, baking soda, salt).


Wet ingredients, then dry ingredients, and the stirring begins:




Me stirring:



And the doughy batter goes into my new loaf pan:




Looking fantastic:



And after an hour in the oven....




It came out looking just like I'd hoped. A warm slice fresh out of the oven, spread with some butter:




A view of the interior:



And after I moved it to a more appropriate dish:




And for those who have dairy allergies, you will be pleased to know that this recipe is dairy free.  It also happens to be vegan.

The source of all this goodness: http://hungryhungryhippie.com/2010/10/14/lovin%E2%80%99-my%C2%A0oven/#comments

3 comments:

  1. I made this with half an egg instead of chia & water and sucanat instead of splenda, lets see how it turns out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fabulous and healthy. I can't wait to make it, or. . . have you make it for me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. just for clarification i did not use splenda - i used stevia to keep things natural!

    ReplyDelete